With my latest finds for the dining room, I have a new resolve about designing this room once and for all! My dining room has never lived up to it’s potential and it’s about time I let it. Aside from finishing up a few previously unfinished projects around the house, the dining room is sitting at the very top of my project list. I know I showed it to you last week, but just to keep it fresh in your head, this is the room I’m working with:
I’m not changing direction in here entirely, but refining, focusing, and generally polishing it up. Aside from the dining table and floor, almost everything is getting at least a tweak.
Dining Room To Do list:
- Install new larger scale light fixture- I’ve been swooning over the Capiz Globe Chandelier from Serena and Lily for years.
- Hang oversized hexagon mirror (check!)
- Hem existing curtains from IKEA (no longer available)
- Paint piano!!! Yup, I’m finally going to bite the bullet and paint the piano I grew up with. It’s far from heirloom and is looking a bit worse for wear. I think it will get a new lease on life when it gets a fresh coat of white chalk paint (piano image source: It’s Always Autumn)
- Brightened up artwork like this etsy print from ParimaCreativeStudio.
- Repaint walls with BETTER purple paint
- Custom built-in china cabinet
- Refinish and reupholster side of the road dining chairs. Possibly with this dreamy Kate Spade Marble Swirl fabric.
- Not shown- new captains chairs… TBD!
Now that I’ve made some design decisions, I naturally want it all done yesterday. The reality is, though, that the room will probably come together over the next month or 2. I really can’t wait to get to the finished product and a photo-worthy room for the first time!! I’ll be sure to share each project in this space as is all comes together!