Ah snow days. The rush to get things done before the snow starts, then the inevitable cleanup and catch up afterwards. Over at Millie, I’ve got record amounts of snow to shovel. Literally. Yesterday’s 33.5″ apparently beat the old record by .5″ Luckily, Millie has super amazing neighbors who cleared the front sidewalk for me.
Even though there’s still quite a bit of work left to do (understatement of the year) before I can list Millie the fliphouse, my mind has already shifted to staging. I don’t want it to sneak up on me at the end and then run out of time to stage it properly. She deserves better than that. So when Chairish asked me to put together a styleboard using one of their latest rugs, it was right down my alley.
If you aren’t familiar with Chairish, it’s an online consignment shop for awesome furniture and decor. Doesn’t sound like anything I’d enjoy, right?
Today I was in the mood for a bit of rustic glamour and chose this Turquoise Overdyed Turkish rug to base my design off of. I started simple with a few staple pieces:
1. West Elm, Ainslie Sofa
2. Serena & Lily, Reese Side Table
3. Chairish, The Foundry Factory Cart
4. Target, Carissa Shelter Wing Chair
The fun really comes into this room once you start adding accessories. I wanted to balance out the rusticity of the wood and patchwork with some sophisticated metallics.
1. Target, Nate Berkus Geo Printed Resin Tray
2. Anthropologie, Arca Jewelry Boxes
3. West Elm, Moorish Tile Printed Curtain
4. Rejuvination, Merchant Floor Lamp
5. Anthropologie, Ink Drop Pillow
6. Tonic Living, Handcut Shapes, Rain Pillow
7. West Elm, Beaded Corners Pillow Cover
Now I’m itching even more to get to staging! Have I inspired you too? Check out their other available rugs for more inspiration.